Friday, July 03, 2009

BLAST FROM THE PAST v.Kuanyi

Today, i left my house for the first time since June 29th.
I hesitated before gripping on the doorknob, and gave it a gentle turn.
I opened my front door very slowly. A bright light creeped through the narrow opening i made, assaulting my sensitive eyes. I teared instantly.

As i opened the door further, for the first time in a long while (June 28th) it dawned on me that there was a world, a world outside my room, outside my house. There were people. Not good looking people, like the one in the mirror, but people nonetheless. OTHER HOUSES. It never occured to me there might be more than just mine. Its like, discovering life in outer space.

I gazed upwards, searching for the source of bright light. Did someone forget to turn off the lights? I detected the light source, and got very scared. I fell backwards, crawling back into my house while keeping my eyes on that horrendous sight.

"MOM!! MOM!!" I whimpered.

"What is it? You'll be late for work!"

"WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE THERE IS A BIG FIREBALL HEADED FOR EARTH"

"No, thats the sun. Its where the light comes from. When its not there its night time."

Somewhat assured but still cautious, i took my first step outside. It was very difficult; i had trouble walking straight. Couldn't stabilise myself, because i had become so used to walking on tiled smooth marble flooring. Walking on the uneven gravel of the roads and streets was like trying to ice skate down Mt. Everest.


I will stop my retarded story here cos i ran out of interest. Basically I'm out of quarantine. Which i'm sure many of you after reading the above will agree, is definitely not a good thing.

No comments: